There is archaeological evidence showing that Chorvátsky Grob has been a continual area of settlement since the Neolithic period. The first written report about the village, called Monar, is from 1214. Why Monar? Because at the time there was a production of jewelery in the village and the origin of the word "monar/manor" is derived from the word "manisko" meaning ornament or neck jewel. During the Tartar invasion in 1241 some people move out of Monar and never returned. There is evidence showing that Monar was probably unpopulated in 14th century but was repopulated once again at a later period. Abandoned homes were taken up by German immigrants, during which time Chorvátky Grob was called Aysgruab but in 1545, troops belonging to the Spanish king Ferdinand troops burned the village to a cinder.
Since Turkish troops were systematically and ruthlessly ravaging regions of the Balkan Peninsula in 16th century, Croats, fearing the Ottoman Empire, moved to Slovakia. When the Turks conquered parts of the Austrian-Hungarian Empire in the Battle of Moháč in 1526, the Croatian exodus increased. Around 200,000 Croatians emigrated to the central Danube area. They settled in the ravaged areas and came to the territory of Chorvátsky Grob in 1552. According to Croatian colonists and notes found in their diaries, Count Illésházy called them and gave them permission to settle in 1553.
The Croatian people were traditionally farmers and wine makers. Their domestic production boomed and they developed a specific form of folk creative expression - wood carving, lace making, needlework making and painting. This led to there being a purely Croatian population between the years 1634 - 1780.
A significant decline in the use of Croatian language occurred in the early 20th century, but its presence has remained in the village to this day.